Every January, the U.S. observes National Clean Up Your Computer Month, a time to go beyond just dusting off your monitor and keyboard. It's an opportunity to declutter and optimize your digital space. Take advantage of National Clean Up Your Computer Month to breathe new life into your digital workspace and optimize your computer's efficiency. A clean computer is a happy computer.
1. Revitalize your monitor using specialized electronic cleaning cloths such as Weiman Disinfecting Wipes or Magicfiber Cloths.
2. Refresh your keyboard by powering down your computer, turning the keyboard upside down, and gently shake to dislodge any trapped debris. Then use a keyboard brush for any stubborn dirt.
3. Eliminate duplicate files, photos, and downloads that are no longer essential.
4. Perform a thorough backup of your system to safeguard your important data. I use Backblaze to back up my computers. I have it set to run automatically every day so I will never forget to back it up.
5. Ensure your operating system and applications are up to date for enhanced performance and security.
6. Streamline your email by organizing, archiving, and deleting unnecessary messages and attachments.
Links to products mentioned in this blog:
Weiman Disinfecting Wipes: https://a.co/d/d69TwDg
Magicfiber cloths: https://a.co/d/96HUqZl
Keyboard brush: https://a.co/d/4Fns2u7
Duplicate file/photo remover: For a PC - https://dupeguru.voltaicideas.net
For a Mac - https://overmacs.com
Backblaze* - https://secure.backblaze.com/r/01qm1c
*I will earn a free month of Backblaze if you purchase a subscription